Monday, February 11, 2008

The Final Sewdown

I blogged about each episode during the previous season of Project Runway, but not so with this one. It isn't that I haven't been enjoying it (because I have), but rather that I've been watching it a day or two or three later. It is just what happens when you don't use your actual television to stay current with TV shows.

Back in November before the current season started up, I predicted the final three without any knowledge of them as a person or designer (other than their picture and name). While I incorrectly guessed that Simone would make it (she wound up being the first to go), both Christian and Rami presented at Bryant Park.

Okay, at this moment, I don't know for sure if Christian and Rami made it to the final three, as the powers that allowed the remaining five contestants show collections. Two of them may be decoys or they could have just decided to let all five show. Based on what I have seen, though, I can tell you that Christian and Rami have the strongest collections. Jillian is a close third with designs along the lines of what you would expect from her. I don't even know what's up with Sweet P and Chris. Sweet P at least mustered up two or three tolerable designs, but some of her dresses were just unflattering (two looked pregnant and another made the model look like her head was turned around like on Exorcist). Chris' collection was costume-y, but, then again, he's never tried to say he wasn't. Still, it didn't make for an interesting collection.

I'll let you judge for yourself, but, personally, I think Christian's collection, while very avant garde, is easily the strongest. Rami did have a few beautiful designs, but his collection wasn't nearly as cohesive or strong. And he loses majour points for the tomato dress.









No comments: