Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Favourites: Song Edition

It's the last day of one amazing year...at least musically speaking. Sure, record sales and the economy are down, but digital single downloads have never been higher. Reflecting on 2007, I think I appreciated the albums far more than I did the songs. This year, it's just the opposite. I had countless songs that I loved, but only a few albums (as a whole) that generated excitement. I really had to work at coming up with albums for my year end list, but I couldn't list enough songs. In fact, at one point, I had over one hundred and fifty songs on my list.

1. That's Not My Name, The Ting Tings
2. L.E.S. Artistes, Santogold
3. Back Of The Van, Ladyhawke
4. Human, The Killers
5. The Toast, Nervous Cabaret
6. Kiss With A Fist, Florence And The Machine
7. I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked, Ida Maria
8. Id Engager, Of Montreal
9. Little Garcon, Born Ruffians
10. Something Is Not Right With Me, Cold War Kids
11. Bullets, Tunng
12. Ghosts, Laura Marling
13. Be The One, The Ting Tings
14. Ready For The Floor, Hot Chip
15. Cologne, Dolly Parton
16. Spaceman, The Killers
17. Mansard Roof, Vampire Weekend
18. Little Bit, Lykke Li
19. Christopher And Anthony, Jape
20. Dog Days Are Over, Florence And The Machine
21. Gobbledigook, Sigur Ros
22. I Like It Casual, Little Jinder
23. I Wrote This Song, Jonna Lee
24. You, Me And The Bourgeoisie, The Submarines
25. Brooklyn Go Hard, Jay-Z feat. Santogold
26. Shake It! Shake It!, Thomas Tantrum
27. Spiralling, Keane
28. Mercy, Duffy
29. It's Not My Problem, Sneaky Sound System
30. Shut Up And Let Me Go, The Ting Tings
31. Better Than Sunday, Ladyhawke
32. Shake That Devil, Antony And The Johnsons
33. Where Do I Begin, Sneaky Sound System
34. Joy, Temposhark
35. Beat (Health, Life And Fire), Thao Nguyen with the Get Down Stay Down
36. My Baby Left Me, Rox
37. Crime, Najwajean
38. Gallery Piece, Of Montreal
39. Fruit Machine, The Ting Tings
40. Turn Tail, The Young Knives
41. Paris Is Burning, Ladyhawke
42. I Wish I Could Keep You, Little Pictures
43. Perfect Problem, The Ting Tings
44. You Cheated Me, Martha Wainwright
45. Time To Pretend, MGMT
46. My Drive Thru, Santogold/Pharrel/Julian Casablancas
47. Young Love, Moto Boy
48. They Don't Believe, Russian Red
49. Mademoiselle Opposum, Barbara Carlotti
50. Great DJ, The Ting Tings
51. Don't Leave, Ane Brun
52. Evident Utensil, Chairlift
53. A Dustland Fairytale, The Killers
54. Out Like Bats, Tu Fawning
55. Cold Shoulder, Adele
56. Break In Violence, Nervous Cabaret
57. S E V E N T E E N, Marine And The Diamonds
58. People C'mon, Delta Spirit
59. Good Time, Brazilian Girls
60. M79, Vampire Weekend
61. Heavy Heart, Ghostland Observatory
62. Feel The Love, Cut Copy
63. Dumpster Diving, Castledoor
64. Neon Tiger, The Killers
65. Disco Fiasco, Kristoffer Ragnstam
66. On My Own Again, Kleerup
67. Used To Be, Beach House
68. Springtime, Annuals
69. Watchmaker, The Tom Fun Orchestra
70. Bag Of Hammers, Thao Nguyen with the Get Down Stay Down
71. Girls Girls Girls, Marina And The Diamonds
72. Chupee, Cocoon
73. GFC, Albert Hammond, Jr.
74. El Presente, Julieta Venegas
75. No One But Yourself To Blame, Bo Pepper
76. It's The Love, The Breeders
77. Spotlight, Jennifer Hudson
78. Make Me Smile, Pearl And The Pirates
79. Knickerbocker, Fujiya & Miyagi
80. Lay It Down, Peter Bjorn And John
81. Vidas Paralelas, Ximena SariƱana
82. Through The Night These Days, Jason Collett
83. That's That, Cass McCombs
84. Creeper, Islands
85. The Ides, FrYars
86. How Am I To Be, The Watson Twins
87. Love Is A Stranger, Martha Wainwright
88. Two Weeks, Grizzly Bear
89. The Escapist, The Streets
90. you Have Been Loved, Sia
91. How I Could Just Kill A Man, Charlotte Sometimes
92. And You Give, Michael Barber
93. Hard Line, Jill Barber
94. You Stood Me Up, Benji Hughes
95. Two Doors Down, Mystery Jet
96. This House Can Fit Us All, Little Pictures
97. In Or Out, Britta Persson
98. Beat Control, Tilly And The Wall
99. Wash Away, The Chapin Sisters
100. Disco Lies, Moby

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog. always new discoveries for me.:)
thanks!