Monday, October 01, 2007

Put Your Records On 07.37

Since I'll be heading to NYC early Thursday morning for a little vacation, I'm doing my music posts a day earlier than usual this week.

I may be a little late to the game considering Madonna already introduced Gogol Bordello to a bunch of folk through her performance at Live Earth earlier this year, but I had not taken the time to check them out myself until a few days ago. I must say that their gypsy punk sound borders on being an acquired taste, but it's surprisingly fun and upbeat. With the (fake?) accent of lead singer Eugene Hütz, some of the songs sound like they belong on the Moulin Rouge! soundtrack.


<br /><bgsound src="http://www.hddweb.com/65155/Wonderlust_King.m4a"><br />

Like what you hear? Support the artist via the iTunes links below:

Gogol Bordello
US

Gogol Bordello
UK

Gogol Bordello
France

Gogol Bordello
Australia

No comments: