Friday, July 27, 2007

Damage Control

On the advice of her new manager, Kelly Clarkson has agreed to record a pop album for release in 2008. This announcement comes shortly after she made a public apology to Clive Davis for some nasty comments she insisted were taken out of context. She's not only agreeing to make a pop album a la Breakaway, she has agreed to allow Clive and his people personally select every song for the album.

So what does this mean for My December? I guess they are just going to let this one play out as a misstep. It has sold a decent amount, but anything shy of the 5.8 million her previous effort sold would be considered a failure. My hope is that they follow through with releasing the track How I Feel as a single. I feel like that is the only single worthy song on the entire album. That isn't saying there are no other good songs on it, but none of them are really radio-friendly.

Hell, I'm really just thrilled that we'll be getting another album so soon from my favourite singer.

Purchase Kelly Clarkson via
Kelly Clarkson

No comments: